Viewport width =
September 22, 2008 | by  | in News | [ssba]

It’s not just Indian students who can stay longer

In response to recent media coverage of the Government’s scheme to entice more Indian students to New Zealand tertiary institutions, including an article in last week’s issue of Salient, the Department of Labour has clarified that all international students who complete a New Zealand qualification could qualify to apply for a Graduate Work Search Visa or permit.

International students who gain qualifications that qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant category can apply from the permit, which was extended in November 2007 from six to 12 months in duration.

However, there are catches. According to the Department, “Students have to apply for the permit within three months after the end date of their student permit and would have to meet all relevant requirements, including evidence of sufficient funds to maintain their stay for the 12 month period.”


About the Author ()

Editor for 2010, politics nerd, panda fan and three-time award-winning student journalist.

Comments are closed.

Recent posts

  1. VUW Halls Hiking Fees By 50–80% Next Year
  2. The Stats on Gender Disparities at VUW
  3. Issue 25 – Legacy
  4. Canta Wins Bid for Editorial Independence
  5. RA Speaks Out About Victoria University Hall Death
  6. VUW Hall Death: What We Know So Far
  8. New Normal
  9. Come In, The Door’s Open.
  10. Love in the Time of Face Tattoos

Editor's Pick

Uncomfortable places: skin.

:   Where are you from?  My list was always ready: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, puppy dogs’ tails, a little Spanish, maybe German, and—almost as an afterthought—half Samoan. An unwanted fraction.   But you don’t seem like a Samoan. I thought you were [inser

Do you know how to read? Sign up to our Newsletter!

* indicates required