April 27, 2009 | by  | in News | [ssba]

News en Brief

ASPA gets together, elects competent president… and Jackson

Victoria University of Wellington played host to the 2009 annual Aotearoa Student Association Conference (ASPA) during the mid-semester break. Salient editor Jackson James Wood and Critic editor Amy Joseph were elected co-presidents of the association for 2009, and promised to streamline the collective and lend it more mainstream legitimacy. The process was given an early boost with an agreement between ASPA and online news website “Scoop” to publish stories broached last week. Plans for an official website are also in the works.

Just call them the Angels of the morning, baaaaby

The Campus Angels service is returning to Victoria University of Wellington’s campuses this week. The service, coordinated by VUWSA’s Welfare Team, employs students to serve their peers by walking other students home or to the nearest bus stop, taxi stand, or other safety point. Campus Angels is a free service, and is operated on both the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses, as follows:

Kelburn campus: Central Library, Level 2
Mon–Thur 7.30–10.30pm from 27 April–12 June and 13 July–16 October (excluding the mid trimester break).

Pipitea campus: Law School Library
Mon–Thur, 7.30–10pm and Sun 7.30–9.30 from 27 April–12 June and 13 July–16 October (excluding the mid trimester break). Contact VUWSA’s Welfare Vice-President, Seamus Brady for more information: wvp@vuwsa.org.nz or phone 463 6985

M/F Wanted 4 manager role with 13others. Good time promised!! No TXTS

Advertisements for the newly-created Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association Manager position have begun circulating on major employment websites Seek and TradeMe, and in major broadsheet newspapers. The advertised role, with a remuneration salary of $80-90,000, was constructed after a lengthy sub-committee rejigging, and is the cornerstone of the recently passed Change Proposal. The position has a fixed term of 3 years, and is expected to be filled by mid-June.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.