March 29, 2010 | by  | in Music | [ssba]

News for yous

Music

So, we all know Gossip Girl has gone downhill recently, between Chuck Bass becoming a pussy and Hilary Duff getting in on the action. But don’t worry, Salient’s got you covered. In a manner of speaking. In a new weekly section, here’s some news you can really use.

Spotted: Roger Shepherd, Flying Nun figurehead, ogling Die! Die! Die! and Grayson Gilmour at recent Wellington shows. Signings on the horizon, perhaps?

The Mint Chicks, following a spectacular breakdown at a musichype show in Auckland (involving trashed stages, alleged fistfights, screaming ‘start your own fucking band’ at the audience, and rumours of core band members leaving), are, according to their Twitter, ‘Busted, but not broken up’. Controversial. But, for $3, you can watch the show on the musichype webstie.

In other musichype-related news, the website, which is selling the Bad Buzz EP from The Mint Chicks, had the audacity to proclaim it would be live streaming the VBC’s 3rd birthday party online, charging people to watch it! Obviously, action was taken, and the stream didn’t go ahead. Shame, bitches.

Need a new space to play? Cosmic Corner on Cuba St have played host to Rackets and Wilberforces in the last two weeks, maybe you could too. The catch? You have to start at 4.20pm.

That’s about it.