September 17, 2012 | by  | in News | [ssba]

LOL News

POLITICS GOING TO THE DOGS

A New South Wales politician found himself in the dog box last week when he tried to pass a motion that Parliament honour the Queen’s late corgi, Monty.

Liberal MP Peter Phelps proposed last Wednesday that the House should celebrate the life of Monty, who reached age 91 in dog years.

The motion was soon slammed as being a “mockery of Parliament”.

“This is an absolute waste of time and taxpayer’s funds,” Labour MP Walt Secord said.

“Dr Phelps raised it yesterday when we were trying to hold an emergency debate on the AU$1.7 billion education cuts by the O’Farrell government.”

Before he passed away, Monty featured in the recent London Olympics Opening Ceremony. He leaves behind the Queen’s four other corgis, Willow, Holly, Candy and Vulcan.

According to a family friend of the Windsors, Monty was quite the mischievous devil, and loved chasing animals.

“There was a particular squirrel that used to play games with him. It would come out of the tree, and when Monty got up a head of steam – well, it would go right back up there.”

Monty also tweeted: @royal_corgi

#YOLO ENDS IN THE CRUELEST IRONY OF ALL TIME

YOLO had the last laugh early this month when aspiring rapper Ervin McKinness died just minutes after using a #YOLO hashtag twice on Twitter.

“Driving tweeting sipping the cup fuck yolo I’m turning it up,” tweeted McKinness just moments before the car he was driving crashed into a wall in Ontario, Canada.

McKinness had tweeted about drink-driving earlier in the night as well.

“Drunk af going 120 drifting corners #FuckIt. YOLO.”

YOLO, which stands for You Only Live Once was popularised by the Drake song ‘The Motto’, and has since become the ‘carpe diem’ of the 21st Century.