March 18, 2013 | by  | in Arts Visual Arts | [ssba]

Red Bull Collective Art

Red Bull Collective Art is now giving Kiwi students the chance to get amongst a giant digital work of art, which utilises the creativity of people from 85 different countries to create one, continuous piece of art. 

Cadavre exquís is a method by which assortments of images are collectively assembled, where participants are able to see the end of the previous person’s contribution before adding their own creation. Red Bull Collective Art brings this technique to the digital world, as each art work can be completed online.

The heart of Red Bull Collective Art is the website www.redbullcollectiveart.com. The website allows global interaction across the project. Interested artists register online and choose a time slot for their contribution. Time slots must be booked before March 22 to ensure participation.

Each time slot will allow the artist four hours to complete their work. Participants simply download their template to work on the image, which is then uploaded and added to the entire artwork. The artist may use any format to work on the image, such as Photoshop or Adobe, including freehand, and the image is scanned before uploading.

Red Bull Collective Art will see contributors from across the world participate in a unique creative process, the end product being a next-level piece of truly international art. This will be displayed in local galleries all around the world.

Red Bull Collective Art is a great opportunity for students to work within a set time frame and become part of an innovative global digital project, inspired by artists contributing before them. So go on, book a time slot today at www. redbullcollectiveart.com. Become part of something bigger than you, be part of the Collective!