Viewport width =

Tag: youth law

September 25, 2011

Can I drink in public? You can only drink in public if there isn’t a liquor ban in place. In Wellington there is a complete liquor ban in the Wellington Central Area, Oriental Bay, Mt Victoria Lookout, Aro Valley, Central Park, Mt Cook and Newtown. This means that you cannot drink in public in these […]

September 12, 2011

YouthLaw is a free national legal service for under 25s. Contact us for free on 0800 UTHLAW (884 529) or for help with almost any legal problem. Each issue we answer your questions on a particular area of law. This issue: Tertiary Education. What does a student union at university do? A union is […]

August 8, 2011

Can I download music off the internet? Only if you pay for it. It is illegal to download music from websites or using file sharing software like Kazaa and Limewire. The Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act repeals Section 92A of the Copyright Act and means that from 1 September, people that are believed to […]

Do you know how to read? Sign up to our Newsletter!

* indicates required