February 9, 2008 | by  | in Online Only | [ssba]

The Moon is Silently Singing

According to Stuff.co.nz Annette Kings comments regarding the correlation between a rise in Crime over Summer and the moon, may be justified.

I’m a little bit miffed about this particular media beat up. Poor Annette was merely making a very bad metaphor, I doubt that she resolutely believes in the Moon as a factor in crime. What I suppose she was trying to say, was that during the Summer people traditionally are more idle, their minds can wander – people are not as focussed or regimented as they are when they are in the workplace – and this could have an adverse effect on individuals behaviour. If I was to give the benefit of the doubt to Annette (and I am) I would say that her comment was merely a poor attempt to elucidate those characteristics.

But dear oh dear, once again Stuff provides another piece of impressive journalism. After flashing the sensational title of “The Link Between Moon and Crime Supported” they end the article with; “studies are generally inconsistent, with some showing a positive effect and others showing a negative effect of a full moon on people.”

My eyes are bleeding.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.