September 22, 2008 | by  | in Games | [ssba]

Games: World of Warcraft

The game that everyone avoids like the plague, but then extols the virtues of once they’ve sat down and played for a few hours. Its gaming crack. And it needs to be stopped. Before you know it you will loose friends, loved ones, workmates, employers or national economies to this insidious version of online crack juice. But it looks so awesome, and is built on such a cool idea! Every child dreamt of jumping into the world created by the very first Warcraft game.

The Black gate looked fucking cool. The storyline was brilliant. God dammit, everyone wanted to be sitting in a saddle next to Uther Lightbringer as he leads the charge against the Orcish Horde, yelling out spells and being heroic and shit. And now you could. Again, and again, and again. In fact you could even surpass the glories of Lightbringer, or Arthas. You could become the hero. Oh man, every true gamers wet dream. But then you were hooked, you couldn’t let it go. Just one more instance, just one more level. You stopped going to university, you stopped going to work. You starting selling yourself to pay for rent, power, and a faster internet connection. You were even getting disapproving forum comments from the emaciated Ultimata Online and Lineage 2 addicts. And the criminally negligent company that is Blizzard entertainment just kept giving you more and more. It’s like what the say on the smoking adds, if you don’t start – you’ll never have to stop.

Genre: MMORPG
Platform: PC
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

1. I hate it when people write loose instead of lose. Even if they do sum up World of Warcraft pretty well. <3