October 11, 2010 | by  | in Opinion | [ssba]

Admin Vice President Richard Carr

While this may be the last issue of Salient for this year, for some students this will be good bye, others it will be a nice holiday and for a few students they aren’t going to leave over the summer.

There are so many options that face students when they leave university for the holidays. To sleep or to drink, to work or to play. These are the questions that students must face after they finish their exams. One such option is to work. Most students know that they will at some point find themselves working in Hospo or Retail over summer so that you can afford to live during the normal year and so I wish all of the students who are helping to create a strong and vibrant economy the best of luck and I wish that you don’t become insane with the monotony of these jobs.

Another option is to play and drink. I am currently a member of the Victoria University of Wellington Flying Disk Club, it’s awesome. We play Ultimate Frisbee then we go have a drink. It’s pretty much the best thing in the world to do on a beautiful summer’s day. I would recommend to every person at Victoria to get involved with a club, it’s not too late. It’s never too late to get out there and do something.

Goodbye Mt St, you were a dear friend. In my time of need you were there. When I wanted to have a drink you were there. I will miss you. Some of you might know that on Friday Mt St Bar closes permanently (tear). On Friday Mt St will be auctioning EVERYTHING!!!!! Come along and say goodbye, buy a beer and/or a couch

Richard Carr
AVP 2010