February 28, 2011 | by  | in Books | [ssba]

New Zealand Book Month Events

Maori & Pasifika Books Change Lives
(Tuesday 1 and Thursday 3 March)
Held in our very own Kelburn Campus Library, students are encouraged to appreciate Maori and Pasifika books and writers every Tuesday and Thursday lunchtime from 12.15-1.15

The Imaginative Life and Times of Graham Percy (all of March)
Ex-pat Graham Percy has illustrated everything from The Wind in the Willows to Aesop’s Fables to his own Meg and Max book series, so it’s no surprise that City Gallery Wellington has decided to honour his work with an exhibition running in tandem with Book Month. Check out the free tour, guided by poet, author, and critic Gregory O’Brien (Saturday 5 2pm)

2011 Janet Frame Memorial Lecture
(Thursday 3 March)
Delivered by prolific children’s writer Joy Cowley, this year’s lecture questions what it means to be a children’s author and whether or not the craft is taken seriously. Get your tickets early and head on down to Te Marae, Te Papa at 6 pm this Thursday.

“Autobiography Aloud”
with Janice Marriott (Friday 4 March)
Chillax, eat, and enjoy Janice Marriott’s company at the Booklovers’ B&B, where she’ll talk about her life and works before an audience of 20 people.

With Dame Fiona Kidman (Sunday 6 March)

A national literary treasure, Dame Fiona will be taking questions from 20 lucky readers at the Booklovers B&B.

Tickets are $25 (including lunch). To book, phone Jane Tolerton on 04 384 2714 or email booklovers@xtra.co.nz