October 2, 2016 | by  | in Mates in the States | [ssba]

Until next time…

The weather is getting cooler and the pumpkin spiced lattes are here. (Renee genuinely enjoys them, but Tessa is refusing to even try them because she is still convinced that pumpkin is a VEGETABLE and therefore should not be consumed in sweetened liquid form.)

Because it’s our LAST column—*cries*—we thought we’d review the two most intriguing things in Washington D.C. thus far:

Firstly the political events in D.C. are out of this world. Last week we were lucky enough to attend a pro-Hillary rally where MICHELLE FRICKEN OBAMA made a speech (she is even more majestic in real life and has really toned arms). There are constantly events, rallies, and debates to go to, all which prove to be especially polarising and controversial during this current political atmosphere (Trump we lookin @ you).

Secondly: Greek life. Holy shit. Put on ya Ralph Lauren pink polos (buttoned to the top button please and thank you), tennis sweaters, tan shorts, and boat shoes and you my friend have a frat boy. Frat parties are EXACTLY what they look like in the typical-college-movie and are full of what we will deem “the typical white boy.” While we won’t be repping our Delta Gamma t-shirts any time soon, frat parties have sure provided a completely different adventure: featuring beer pong (with the red cups of course) and freshers trying to sway to the tune of “One Dance” under badly-strung disco lights.  

All jokes aside, we wholeheartedly recommend that everyone goes on an exchange sometime throughout their degree. Not only is it a fantastic opportunity to travel while you study, being able to meet, study, and live with other people from around the globe is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to us—*sobs*. Something that we hope that everyone has the chance to do!

We’ve both had such an unbelievable time so far, so much that it hurts to think about coming back to Victoria. (Vic Books BETTER have reinstated those veggie toasties by the time we’re back.)

See you all next semester (maybe, if we don’t manage to outrun US border control).